Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Isaiah 35:4 He will come to save you


• DAY 8 BIBLE READING

Luke 6-10


• DAY 8 PRAYER DEVOTIONAL

Isaiah 35:4 HE WILL COME TO SAVE YOU

THE LORD JESUS WILL BRING SALVATION TO THOSE WHO ARE WAITING FOR HIM (HEBREWS 9:28)

After 70 years in captivity in exile Israel would be in a place of desolation and feeling totally abandoned by God…. 70 years would be a long time .. It would feel as though God had totally disregarded her, that he had forgotten and rejected her .. as if his hands were tied somehow and he was for some reason unable to act.

In Isaiah 40 we read of God bringing comfort (verse 1) and coming with saving power (verse 9). God was big enough to act on her behalf… and he would do so… He would dramatically intervene in rescuing her from captivity and from exile…and Jesus would dramatically intervene in human history many years later…. and he will do so again … in the second coming at the end of history.

In the journey of praying and seeking God for answers to prayer, seeking national revival and personal revival it is important to keep praying like the persistent widow (Luke 18) until the answer comes…..the persistent widow kept coming to the unjust judge asking for justice against her adversary, until he gave in and gave her justice. Following his parable of the persistent widow, Jesus in Luke 18 says …’however, when the Son of man comes will he find faith on the earth?’

God’s promise is ‘he will come to save you.’ Yield to the Lord’s will, persevere in prayer and wait before the Lord. He will surely come.


• Lord I hold on to your promise that you will come and save me. You are my saviour and deliverer. You have saved me from my sins on the cross and I trust that you will save and deliver me completely from all my present struggles, my apparently unanswered prayers …I bring them to you today. In my weakness with my fearful heart…. I yield to your will. I will keep praying and I will wait for your deliverance. Come Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment