Sunday, January 5, 2014

Isaiah 35:4 '...your God will come.'


• DAY 6 BIBLE READING

Mark 10-16


• DAY 6 PRAYER DEVOTIONAL

Isaiah 35:4

YOUR GOD WILL COME

‘If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done to you’ John 15:7

E.M. Bounds says ‘Prayer is not a duty which must be performed, to ease obligation and to quiet conscience.. Prayer is the child’s request not to the winds, not to the world, but to the Father. Prayer is the outstretched arms of the child for the Father’s help. Prayer is the child’s cry calling to the Father’s ear, the Father’s heart, and to the Father’s ability, which the Father is to hear, the Father is to feel, and which the Father is to relieve. Prayer is the seeking of God’s great good, which will not come if we do not pray.'

God wants to answer our prayers… he wants to come and respond …. but will we abide in Christ, will we approach Him as a child approaches a father ? He is calling us to pray. He longs for us to enter into life with him, but are we abiding in the Son?

Andrew Murray says 'It is Christ whom the Father always hears; God is in Christ, and can only be reached by being in Him, to be in Him is the way to have our prayer heard; fully and wholly abiding in Him; we have the right to ask whatsoever we will, and the promise that it shall be done unto us.'

God will come .. it will be done to us, according to our asking, as we abide in Christ, as we abide in the Son.


• Let the truth that you want to answer my prayers sink deep into my heart, Lord. Come and let it be done to me according to my asking as I abide in Christ. I stretch out my arms to you Father.Come and hear my prayer.

Bounds, E.M Complete works, 230-233

Murray, A. With Christ in the School of Prayer,150,151

No comments:

Post a Comment