Friday, January 17, 2014

Isaiah 35:8 It will be called the way of holiness


• DAY 18 BIBLE READING

Romans 6 - 16


• DAY 18 PRAYER DEVOTIONAL

Isaiah 40 says ‘make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up and every mountain and hill made low.’

REMOVING THE MOUNTAIN OF PRIDE

How seriously do you see ‘pride’ as a mountain in your life that needs removing? As we seek to make a straight way, a highway for our God, a way of holiness, we need to see that the big problem that hinders our relationships in this world is ‘pride.’

If man and woman were made for relationship, relationship with God and one another, one could argue that ever since sin has entered the world, every problem in this world is now a relationship problem. If you do nothing else you need to be a good relator. If every problem is a relationship problem and you are not a good relator you are part of the problem and not part of the answer. ASK YOURSELF THE QUESTION – Am I part of the problem or part of the answer ? It is important to determine in your heart “ I want to be a good relator”

Why is pride the big problem that hinders relationships? Pride is thinking more highly of yourself than you ought, OR Thinking more lowly of yourself than you ought (inverted pride). If you walk in humility and I walk in humility it is impossible for the two of us to not get alone. Humility is the willingness to be known for who you are. Unity is nothing less than corporate humility

The major problem in the world is selfishness born out of pride. One of the reasons we have difficulty relating to people is that we want them to be like us. There are no weird people on this planet. There are just different people. A major hindrance to relationships is the inability to appreciate the differences between people. Romans 12:18 “ If it is possible as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone ” You will never relate well unless you are devoted to relationship.

Good relationship is based on truth. Abstain from what is evil and cling towards what is good. If you are living in the truth you are easier to relate to because you are honest, open and transparent.


•I seek you Lord, revive me in may walk with you and show me if there is any offensive way in me, show me my pride. Show me where I am not committed to relationships, where I am proud and selfish and where I am not honest open and transparent. Make a straight way in my wilderness,in me Lord, a highway for my God.

Sherman, D. Love Sex and realtionships

No comments:

Post a Comment