Sunday, January 19, 2014

Isaiah 35:8 The unclean will not journey on it


• DAY 20 BIBLE READING

1 Cor 11 - 2 Cor 5


• DAY 20 PRAYER DEVOTIONAL

Isaiah 35:8

SET APART

John Mulinde,from Uganda, founder of World Trumpet Mission shares how the Lord called him, the evening before the World Trade Centre tragedy in 2001 to live a different lifestyle of being ‘set apart for God.’ John Mulinde says that he felt the Lord say to him,

‘ The world is changing faster than you are adjusting, and the issues you are dealing with are getting more and more challenging…. Unless you set yourself apart from me and allow me to work deeply within you, you will also drift along on the same current you will not even be able to stand in the days ahead. …Pay heed and hear my call: Set yourself apart for Me! This is my call to you.’

John Mulinde felt the Lord saying that this was about more than just a few days prayer and fasting. This was a much longer and deeper undertaking. This was a call to sow his life into the cause he believed in....the Great Commission.

The terrorists responsible for the atrocities on September 11th knew what they were signing up for, they distanced themselves from the things that mean everything to the rest of us, the things that are important to us as ‘normal people’. In a similar way if we are going to make a real difference in the world today, we are going to have to shed a lot of things we cherish, and change our priorities and our discipline, in a radically new way. The Lord is seeking to take us to levels far beyond what we could be capable of in normal circumstances. We need to respond to his call to be set apart for him- this is ‘the call of the hour’ says John Mulinde, a wake-up call to radically abandon our lives to God.


• Lord…I choose to follow you, Lord Jesus on the highway of holiness. I pray for a national awakening in our land Lord, but as I do so ….begin with me...Prepare me Lord.. Show me the constraints that are holding me back from living a life that is completely set apart for you Lord, set apart for your purposes… I am here to do your will.

Mulinde, J. Set apart for God: the call to a surrendered life, 27, 28, 36

Mulinde, J. The wake-up call, 59-63

No comments:

Post a Comment