Friday, January 24, 2014

Isaiah 35:8 The unclean will not journey on it;


• DAY 25 BIBLE READING

2 Timothy 1 – Hebrews 3


• DAY 25 PRAYER DEVOTIONAL

Isaiah 35:1

SET APART – CLEANSED FROM 'THE PRIDE OF LIFE'(1 John 2:16)

The proud tend to be over-impressed with themselves. Jesus’ disciples were proud. Mark 9:33-36. If you do get over-impressed with yourself, humble yourself. Pride is particularly a problem if God has done great things through you. We may be proud that God has used us. It is important to remain humble and to recognise that without the Lord you can do nothing of significance. It is important not to promote yourself. Be appointed by the appropriate person where possible. If there is someone more qualified than you to take your position be prepared to be replaced

Insecurity is rooted in pride. If you have some leadership responsibility – some indications that you are insecure could be :- If as a leader you are focusing on our own weaknesses and you are trying to hide them. If you have a self-concern that is rooted in a basic lack of trust in God. If you do not receive correction well. Any word of reproof seems like rejection If someone has criticised you and you react back. If you tend to be domineering, over-controlling people. If you are defensive, interpreting innocent attitudes as rebellion If you look to your position or title for recognition. If you are always trying to prove a point.


• Lord help me to have a sober judgment of myself, not to strive for leadership but to do the will of God. Show me where activity even Christian activity is taking more time in my life to the detriment of my walk with you, Lord. Show me my blindspots, where my hidden insecurities are masking an insidious pride. Have your way in my life and separate me from every bit of pride, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment