Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Isaiah 35:5 Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of deaf unstopped.


• DAY 9 BIBLE READING

Luke 11-17


• DAY 9 PRAYER DEVOTIONAL

Isaiah 35:5 WE CAN HEAR HIS VOICE

Jesus, when he walked on this earth gave sight to the blind and unblocked physical ears and he continues to heal today. It is one of the signs that follow those that believe in Him. Mark 16:17 As the Lord takes us on the journey from spiritual desert to oasis, he removes spiritual blockages from our lives. As the kingdom comes in our lives, as the Lord hears and answers prayer, as we draw closer in relationship to our Father in heaven then let us pray that every spiritual blockage to seeing and hearing will be removed also. He is drawing us into deeper relationship with us – he longs for deeper intimacy with us – he longs for our spiritual eyes to be opened and for our spiritual ears to be unstopped.

One blockage to hearing God’s voice clearly can be a serious misconception regarding God’s character. Maybe it feels to you as though He is like a hard task master, a Frankenstein figure. … that you are unable to please Him whatever you do or maybe you feel that he is a benevolent but distant Father Christmas and when “the blessings stop coming through”, you feel that you must be out of the will of God. Either way, you have a distorted view of God .The picture we are given in the bible is that God is a loving Father who desires intimacy with us, yet He is also the most powerful being in the universe. Do you really know that in your heart of hearts? Is that your understanding of God and your present experience ? How well do you really know God ? We can know God personally, and we can hear his voice, and see his hand at work in our lives. Jesus promised in John 10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, I know them and they follow me.”



How can I cultivate a listening environment where I can hear Father God more clearly ? A few suggestions -By drawing apart for times of silence and solitude - By ‘ praying and listening as you can when you can ’ e.g. redeeming the time when commuting alone to work by car - By keeping a journal.


• Lord, open my eyes that I might see you more clearly and open my ears that I might hear you voice more clearly too. Reveal to me that you truly are a loving father who desires intimacy with me. Let every spiritual blockage in my life be broken Lord. Soften the hard ground in my heart and let rivers of life flow into my relationship with you, Lord

Murray, A With Christ in the School of Prayer 10,11

No comments:

Post a Comment