Saturday, January 18, 2014

Isaiah 35:8 It will be called the way of holiness


• DAY 19 BIBLE READING

I Corinthians 1-10


• DAY 19 PRAYER DEVOTIONAL

Isaiah 40 says ‘make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up and every mountain and hill made low.’

EVERY VALLEY OF REJECTION AND NEGATIVE SELF-IMAGE

Do you have a negative self –image? Yesterday we noted that thinking more lowly of yourself than you ought is inverted pride.

Having a negative self-image can result in a lack of faith and limit what God can do in your life, and can hinder your ability to love other people. A negative self-image can develop from regarding the world’s evaluation too highly e.g. outward appearance, physical attractiveness, abilities, background, material possessions. A negative self-image can result from rejection from authority figures in your life in the past, from parents, friends and teachers. It can also result from wrong teaching, by believing that inferiority is humility. Humility is willing to be known for you who you really are, and this includes a right acceptance of ones strengths and abilities.

Overcoming a negative self-image is possible through the renewing of your minds, through meditation on the word of God, through confessing truth, through forgiving people who have hurt you, through receiving healing prayer. There are some key truths that can set you free. God accepts you and loves you the way you are with all your imperfections and failings, in spite of your weakness he is bringing you to maturity. You are a valuable person because you are made in God’s image. You are a son/daughter of the King of kings. You are a unique person. Do not compare yourself negatively with others. You are valuable because you can bring pleasure to God by your love and because you can bless other people by your love and encouragement


•Show me how my negative self-image can hinder what you want to do in my life and can hinder me in loving others. Help me to be are honest, open and transparent and show me that inverted pride is a valley that needs dealing with in my life May your glory be revealed in and through my life. Make a straight way in my wilderness that you might be revealed more in my life, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment